What is trades insurance?
Trades pack insurance can help protect bricklayers, painters, plumbers, electricians and many other professional trades against loss, damages and injury when things go wrong on site! This type of insurance is tailored to the needs of tradies across all sectors such as the construction, manufacturing, and service Industry. There are also extensions available to industry specific occupations such as the motor trade industry.
Who should consider trades insurance?
Whether you’re a sole trader, family business or larger organisation, you’ll need a range of insurance covers to safeguard your workers, building and equipment.
Summary of covers available
- Public liability insurance – cover against third-party personal injury, property damage and advertising liability claims
- Physical loss or damage to your business premises (building/contents, stock, glass etc.)
- Physical loss or damage to your tools and other portable equipment (general property)
- Legal action by employees (employment practices liability)
- Legal action by government (statutory liability)
- Professional indemnity (for trades involved in engineering, designing or providing advice)
- Marine transit (to cover loss or damage goods in transit – overseas, interstate or inland)
- Business vehicles
Most common claims for trades:
- Damage to third party property such as damage to the building, floors or contents while they are undertaking work.
- Theft of tools or equipment
- Accidental damage to own property (tools, equipment or mobiles)
- Injury claims are less frequent but are highly costly for small businesses
Below are some of the many occupations we can cover:
- Heating and Air-Conditioning Technicians
- Stone Masons
- Metal Fabrication Services
- Roofing Services
- Automotive Services
- Carpentry Services
- Cabinet Maker
- Flooring Services
- Building Construction
- Plastering Services